[EP-tech] Re: EPrints and Apache 2.4 (/Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) [FIXES]

Hi all,

If needed, I added a few patches on GitHub/3.3 branch to make EPrints work over Apache v2.4:

- See last comment on https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/214  [ use of remote_ip ]
- https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/237 [ NameVirtualHost deprecated ]
- https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/236 [ Order allow,deny deprecated ]

Not directly relating to Apache v2.4 but this will also be relevant if you're using Ubuntu 14+:

- https://github.com/eprints/eprints/commit/157db0d27d423d38f9c0fc31ce47e519cd861d45 [ utf8::decode and URI parameters ]

Hopefully this will be it. I'll do more sanity checking on the use of "utf8::decode" in EPrints but the latter patch should solve most issues.

Seb.