[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: About compounds
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: About compounds
- From: Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk (Ian Stuart)
- Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 16:04:22 +0100
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|e51911697fcc46abbf674372b9937ec5q67Fsc14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|53BC0608.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <53BC0608.email@example.com> <EMEW3|e51911697fcc46abbf674372b9937ec5q67Fsc14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|53BC0608.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/07/14 15:54, Gilles Fourni? wrote:
> The library staff wants us to describe authors with many fields
> (internal id number, department, unit, ...).
> So we wonder if we can add subfields to existing compounds like creators
> or editors.
> Obviously, we would keep existing subfields unchanged and just add new
> Is it safe to do so ? Or are there risks to break something ?
Yes, adding extra fields is easy..... but only 1 level deep!
> And, as a side question, I fear that a too big compound will be unusable
> : in the input form, we will get a table with many columns, which will
> probably be larger than the screen width. Is there a way to have the
> subfields use several rows ?
I've not seen one.... not without writing your own rendering routines
(which are eminently doable..)
Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
The University of Edinburgh.
This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.