[EP-tech] Re: OpenOffice failed to start

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I've actually tried fiddling with several versions of LibreOffice and OpenOffice and finally reverted to OpenOffice from the main lucid repository (i've made sure to purge old installs before trying new ones), because all had the same behaviour.

I had to change the paths in ~/lib/cfg.d/openoffice.pl, because I initially saw the error "OpenOffice is not installed on your system".

I could easily search for soffice.bin and change the path to:
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin

$c->{executables}->{openoffice} = '/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin';

However there is no "python" in the same folder, and searching for it gives me several locations, because there is no file extension, so I am not sure which location to choose.

Am I looking for a file or a folder, and are there any clues, that might point me to the right path?

Running:
~/archives/ARCHIVEID/bin/openoffice-local.pl ARCHIVEID start

Gives me "Permission denied". User and group for openoffice-local.pl is www-data. I've tried changing the user to eprints, but still "permission denied".

The log file is now appended to, but unfortunately it is not very helpful:
"...
OpenOffice process died, restarting...
Starting OpenOffice
Tried 10 times to start OpenOffice in the last 15 secs. Something is wrong, leaving now"

Thanks again for you help. I guess I'll try all the "python" locations just to make sure, but I have no idea what to do about the permission denied error.

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

JACOB WENZEL
Projektleder

ENERGIAKADEMIET