[EP-tech] Re: Coversheets Bazaar plugin problems

Strangely enough we were wrestling with this plugin yesterday.

We found that it required CPAN module OpenOffice::OODoc before we could get it to work on Ubuntu.

Stewart

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: 28 January 2014 10:57
To: 'eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk'
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Coversheets Bazaar plugin problems

When you request a PDF that needs a coversheet, it queues an event to add the coversheet, so next time you request it, you get a coversheeted copy.

Unfortunately, some browsers cache the PDFs ? so adding a querystring helps e.g. ?.blah.pdf?A=1 ?.blah.pdf?A=2

You can check on the filesystem that the PDF are being created too.

I also had various issues with OpenOffice running/not running ? check in ~/var/ for openoffice.pid and the openoffice.log.

HTH,
John