[EP-tech] Re: collections_Eprints

Thanks Ian,

by collecton I mean that in one repository I can develop different collcetions (example: doctoral theses collection, writers of the 19th century collection, manuscript collection, and so on...). Each collection than could be browse by the subject head or classifications. Collection would be organized documents/items from one area organized by the subject of that area. As result of that you can browse all collections from one interface instead you have many different repository for each reserach area?
Ivana

On 05/05/14 12:57, Ivana Sarić wrote:
> Please,
>
> can somebody give me explanation about Eprints:
>
> 1) Does the system allow to develop multiple collections?
What do you mean by "Collection"?
How does a "Collection" differ from a "Subject"?

You can have multiple subject-like classifications an a single
repository - yes.

> 2) Does the system allow digital object to be a member of multiple
> collections?
Yes - in the same way a single record can be associated with multiple
subjects

> 3) Allows multiple collections within same installation of the system?
Multiple subject-like classifications?
Yes - but the management of it would be a nightmare for your data-loggers

> 4) Does the system supports browsing of collections?
Yep, just like for subject.

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.