[EP-tech] Re: EPrints Bazaar down?

Thanks - having gone round and round in circles with this, I've finally found that adding

SetEnv http_proxy [proxy address]

to the archive apache .conf file has done the trick.

Thanks for all your help!

Lizz

On 30/04/2014 14:10, John Salter wrote:
This might be the best answer:
http://serverfault.com/questions/248917/configure-apache-to-use-external-proxy-for-internet-connection

There may be other ways to achieve this - on an old Solaris server I used to have an 'envvars' file in my apache/bin directory (e.g. not in the EPrints directory).
This contained the lines:
http_proxy=http://wherever.your.proxy.is:3128
export http_proxy

Looking at the code for EPM (perl_lib/EPrints/EPM/Source.pm), it checks for 'HTTP_proxy' - I'm not sure if the case matters in this instance...