From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] on behalf of Matthew Brady [Matthew.Brady@usq.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:43 PM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Possible Bug? Sort order in browse views. (in 3.3.10)

Hi All,

An academic has noted that the papers in their browse view aren’t being listed in the correct order… eg (http://eprints.usq.edu.au/view/uniqueauthor/141.html within 2013, there are 2 at the bottom starting with ‘A’).  My initial thoughts were I had fudged something while I was reworking the AuthorID code into the browse 3.3.10 framework.  I checked http://authors.library.caltech.edu/view/year/1930.html as well, as they have a stock standard install of 3.3.10 and its happening there as well.

There appear to be two sorted lists that get stacked together…..
The first list is sorted correctly,
The second list contains titles that start with “A”, “An”, “The” which are sorted in the correct order (if you ignore the “A”, “An”, “The” at the front..)

Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Matt

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government.
(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )