From: Matthew Brady [mailto:Matthew.Brady@usq.edu.au]
Sent: 11 April 2014 06:26
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Dynamic Content and pins

Hi All,

I am trying to add some dynamic content onto the index page,

According to the doco, last updated 2012, (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Branding_with_confidence#Pins) to add dynamic content into a template

Create the pin/logic in the dynamic_template.pl file

Then edit your xml file e.g. “archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/lang/en/templates/default.xml”

So far, so good, This all works and I can drop dynamic content into the resulting page…via the xml… and it will render between the title and the xpage’s content…

<!-- MAIN CONTENT BOX -->

    <h1 class="ep_tm_pagetitle">

      <epc:pin ref="title"/>

    </h1>

    <epc:pin ref="matts_dynamic_content"/>

    <epc:pin ref="page"/>

<!-- END MAIN CONTENT BOX -->

BUT….

How do I get it to drop the dynamic content within the layout of the xpage…  I thought it would be simple, maybe, it’s just a Friday thing….

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government.
(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )
-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).