[EP-tech] Browse by Author shows empty

I have a multilingual repository (el, en). The strange thing is, that only
in English I can't hide empty author records (it only hides the empty
author records from the greek letters). All the other views work just
fine.

Browse by Author shows:A...

No items in this section.
B...

No items in this section. etc

My "views.pl" file has:

{
                id => "creators",
                allow_null => 0,
                hideempty => 1,
                menus => [
                        {
                                fields => [ "creators_name" ],
                                new_column_at => [1, 1],
                                mode => "sections",
                                open_first_section => 1,
                                group_range_function =>
"EPrints::Update::Views::cluster_ranges_30",
                                grouping_function =>
"EPrints::Update::Views::group_by_a_to_z",
                        },
                ],
                order => "-date/title",
                variations => [