[EP-tech] Re: Delayed authentication

The first thing I'd check is whether something is attempting reverse DNS
lookups on client connections and failing (Apache or MySQL). Check that
"dig -x 152.78.189.196" stalls on the server. Try setting the
"HostnameLookups Off" option in Apache (should be default...) or
skip-name-resolve in mysql. Check if there's anything unusual in your
network/firewall configuration.