[EP-tech] Re: Patch suggestion: Form value of MetaField::Name fields having surrounding spaces stripped off

Am 17.10.2013 13:52, schrieb Sebastien Francois:
> Hi Florian,
>
> See
> <https://github.com/eprints/eprints/commit/961e1591009b777ad65015d185cdd9d6eb2863ce>https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/11
> and its fix perhaps?
>
> Could you also raise a ticket in github for your issue (if not fixed by
> the above patch) please?

Well, the above patch relates to MetaField::Id, not MetadataField::Name,
::Text or others which accept string input by the user. A new ticket is
hardly worth it in my eyes, how about simply re-opening the existing
one? Sorry, I am new to github, but sooner or later I know I should have
a github account.

Kind regards,
Florian

> Thanks!
> Seb.
>
> On 17/10/13 12:46, Florian He? wrote:
>> Hi E-Prints developers,
>>
>> if the user happens to leave trailing spaces in the name field, the
>> browse view would display the name once more and ignore that the name
>> already exists without trailing space. That's why the creator's browse
>> view accumulates doubles and maybe triples of names over time. So how
>> about stripping off accidentally input spaces so the repos browse views
>> - those generated of fields with freely entered values - are kept clean?
>>
>> Please tell me if the patch will be applied officially in the next
>> version of EPrints, or if I am rather to use the fromform()-callback. In
>> my opinion, this issue isn't specific to our repository, hence ...
>>
>> # in package MetaField::Name ...
>> # inspired from sub &MetaField::Multipart::form_value_basic
>> sub form_value_basic
>> {
>>           my( $self, $session, $basename ) = @_;
>>
>>           my $value =
>> $self->EPrints::MetaField::Compound::form_value_basic( $session,
>> $basename );
>>
>>           s{^\s+}{}, s{\s+$}{} for values %$value;
>>
>>           return $value;
>> }
>>
>> The patch has been roughly tested.
>>
>> Kind regards,