[EP-tech] Re: EPrints and jQuery

I think that this would be an excellent move.

The change should also be looked at in relation to making the EPrints interface a bit more HTML5-y – less tables (except where tabular data is being presented) and more id’s, classes, input field validations.

The jQueryUI components would allow some very quick and easy colour ‘skinning’ to be done.

I’ve never delved that deeply into the current EPrints _javascript_, and don’t know how big a challenge this would/will be.

Can it be broken down into parts, or should we try and work out if there’s some good ‘wins’ to be had e.g.

The current workflow rendering as tabs across the screen feels a bit inefficient.

I’d prefer to see the workflow stages rendered as a set of accordians, each with some form of ‘completeness’ measure – maybe a tick if everything is OK, a cross if something is definitely wrong and a warning if that stage is incomplete?