[EP-tech] Re: Custom javascript

+1 :o)

I’ve been pondering this – anyone fancy a ‘what’s in EPrints _javascript_ and can we hack it into jQuery’ day sometime?

Also, in answer to the initial query, if you place a _javascript_ file in ~/archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/static/_javascript_/auto/, it should get picked up (there may already be a ‘90_local.js’ file in there you can add to as well.

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Denis Pitzalis
Sent: 07 October 2013 12:02
To: Eprints Tech Mailing List
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Custom _javascript_

Hei Seb, is there any plan to move to jQuery one day?

Denis

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Yuri <yurj@alfa.it> wrote:

Il 07/10/2013 11:35, Derek Lawrie ha scritto:

> I was just doing a simple test on the length of an array and when I
> run 'bin/generate_static' against my repository I get this:
>
>     Failed to parse XML file:
>     /usr/share/eprints3/archives/myrepos/cfg/templates/default.xml:
>     Entity: line 9: parser error : StartTag: invalid element name
>           if(jQuery('#ep_tm_menu_tools li').length < 2){

default.xml must be an xml file. You've to embed your code as xml, I
think using CDATA should works. Check examples on the web, or put the js
as an external file and load it from the template as you did already before.

Denis Pitzalis, PhD
Web Lead Developer

UNESCO - http://www.unesco.org
Paris, France - Tel: +33145681816