[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EP-tech] Re: default.xml



Hi, I haven't done anything. I just got frustrated unable to understand
what the problem was and shut down the system. I browsed my archive after 3
hrs and found everything alright. :)
Thanks much.

Regards
*M.Keerthana*


On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM, John Salter <J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

> Has there been any patches applied to the server recently? If it?s a RHEL
> or CentOS server a recent update to LibXML may cause a template (and phrase
> files) that contain entities not to parse ? thereby making the system fall
> back to the default (global) template.****
>
> If there are any html entities in your template (anything like &copy;
> &nbsp; ), replace them with their numeric equivalent.****
>
> This would also be logged in your Apache error log ? which is a good place
> to look for hints about what isn?t working properly now!****
>
> ** **
>
> Cheers,****
>
> Johm****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:
> eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] *On Behalf Of *keerthana reddy
> *Sent:* 02 May 2013 11:45
> *To:* eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
> *Subject:* [EP-tech] Re: default.xml****
>
> ** **
>
> Every thing was alright before. I could see the structure of the template
> on the browser as i defined it in
> archiveid/cfg/lang/en/templates/default.xml and i never touched the global
> template. Even there is nothing as such in my eprints3/lib/templates. What
> ever changes i used to do in repository specific template, they reflected
> on the browser. But i recently tried to remove the browse by subjects class
> and then after reloading, it has become the default template. Now nothing
> is getting happened even if i remove the default.xml from the templates.**
> **
>
>
> ****
>
> Regards****
>
> *M.Keerthana*****
>
> ** **
>
> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Ian Stuart <Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk> wrote:***
> *
>
> On 02/05/13 11:02, keerthana reddy wrote:
> > Hi, there was an extra tag and i removed it and i ran static. But still
> > there is no change in the archive even when i remove default.xml****
>
> Are any of your changes showing?
>  From a previous comment, it is possible that EPrints is taking a
> dislike to archiveid/cfg/lang/en/template/default.xml and using the
> system-default one
>
> Can you load default.xml into a browser windows directly (this should
> show that its well-formed, at least)
> --
>
> Ian Stuart.
> Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
> Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
> EDINA,
> The University of Edinburgh.
>
> http://edina.ac.uk/
>
> This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.
>
> The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
> Scotland, with registration number SC005336.****
>
>
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/****
>
> ** **
>
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/attachments/20130502/01ad2e48/attachment.html