[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EP-tech] Re: 3.3 docPDF antiword convert



Hi Seb,

thanks for the help the temp fix works like a charm :),

Kind regards,

David Whitehead.


-----Original Message-----
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk on behalf of Sebastien Francois
Sent: Thu 21/03/2013 15:17
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: 3.3 docPDF antiword convert
 
Yes, you're right, it doesn't show for .doc files either.

I'm not sure if this is a regression or a "feature" but by default that 
Convert plugin isn't advertised so it doesn't show on the UI.

One work-around is to add the following line in 
archives/<id>/cfg/cfg.d/plugins.pl:

$c->{plugins}->{"Convert::DocPDF"}->{params}->{advertise} = 1;

.. and restart Apache - if antiword is available, the plugin should now 
show-up (tested).

Seb.

On 21/03/13 14:48, David Whitehead wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> thanks for getting back to me, I do apologies I did actually mean .doc, I do see the exact same code in the docPDF. but for some reason when uploading a .doc file the convert menu does not even appear, do you have any ideas where the problem could be located?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> David Whitehead.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk on behalf of Sebastien Francois
> Sent: Thu 21/03/2013 14:03
> To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
> Subject: [EP-tech] Re: 3.3 docPDF antiword convert
>   
> Hi David,
>
> If you look in DocPDF.pm::can_convert()
>
> ...
>           if( $fn =~ /\.doc$/ )
>           {
>                   if( $plugin->get_repository->can_execute( "antiword" ) )
>                   {
>                           return @type;
>                   }
>           }
> ...
>
> That seems hard-coded to convert .doc files only, not .docx. I don't
> know if antiword supports docx or not. If it does, it should be quite
> easy to change that plugin to convert docx too.
>
> Seb.
>
> On 21/03/13 13:24, David Whitehead wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> real quick question, I have recently upgrade from 3.1 to 3.3, everything is now working like it should but on the workflow -> upload process, when I upload a .docx file it only gives me the option to convert it to plainText. In the 3.1 version I had the option of converting it to a PDF or plainText. I have looked through the files from what I can see in eprints3/perl_lib/plugins/convert and I can see the docPDF file I just don't know why its not showing up in the upload process convert menu.
>>
>> I have also installed antiword, xpdf just to make sure and still no result,
>>
>> Any information anyone could give would be of great help,
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> David Whitehead.
>>
>> The University of Lincoln - a top performer in student satisfaction, enjoying an unrivalled ascent through the University league tables, set in a dynamic, research rich and vibrant campus in the heart of a great historic student-friendly city.
>>
>> The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.
>>    
>> Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
>>    
>> The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.
>>
>> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>
>
> The University of Lincoln - a top performer in student satisfaction, enjoying an unrivalled ascent through the University league tables, set in a dynamic, research rich and vibrant campus in the heart of a great historic student-friendly city.
>
> The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.
>   
> Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
>   
> The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.
>
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/

*** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
*** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
*** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/


The University of Lincoln - a top performer in student satisfaction, enjoying an unrivalled ascent through the University league tables, set in a dynamic, research rich and vibrant campus in the heart of a great historic student-friendly city.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.
 
Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
 
The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.