[EP-tech] Thumbnailing

Hi,

In version 3.3.10 of Eprints, the security field of the document is copied into the security field of the derived version of that document – so a ‘staffonly’ document ends up with staffonly thumbnails.

We’re going to add an additional field to our document metadata setup ‘thumbnail_security’ which can be used to control the security of the derived versions. This is so we can have e.g. a high-res TIFF that is staff-only, but make thumbnails of it available.

Has anyone else done anything like this?

It looks like there is other work being done in the field of thumbnailing for version 4 (https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/78) – are there other aspects that are being addressed?