From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Sebastien Francois
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:10 PM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: YNT: Re: Access problem to the links on EPrints

Hi,

The problem here lies in your DNS setup on-campus (I understand you cannot fix it easily as you wrote) - you won't find a way to have this fixed within EPrints because links are generated automatically in most cases and I don't think there's a way to remove the hostname bit in the auto-generated menu links.

You'll need to use the hostname bbyeprints.hacettepe.edu.tr over the 10.x.y.z sub-net which is private (won't work for people outside your campus/network).

bbyeprints.hacettepe.edu.tr points to 193.140.238.151, what's the reason you can't access this internally? routing issue? proxy issue?

Seb.