[EP-tech] EPrints for research and Open Educational Resources...?

Dear list

We are exploring the possibility of migrating from commercial software to EPrints - I would like to manage both research and OER in a single repository and ideally I would like two separately searchable "collections". As I understand, it is possible to run multiple archives from a single install and I thought this might be one possibility. Would it also be possible to set up each archive with different plugins etc with one optimised for research and one for OER (e.g. EdShare Core/Theme)?

I'm also trying to figure out how I might bulk import from our existing repository but I think this might be tricky as I can only export as IMS Content Package!

Thanks for any help.

Nick