[EP-tech] Re: Solr package!!

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 10:52 +0100, Stefano Cecere wrote:
> dear EP techs
>
> we were already testing new migrations to DSpace, because of the poor search engine in EPrints..
> when today i discover this: http://bazaar.eprints.org/273/ (a Solr integration package)
>
> has anybody already tested it?
> Denis: what limitations has this integration?
> reading the code now it seems to index just the titles
> ever tried to index file's contents (pdf) ?

Hi,

It would be helpful to expand on "poor search engine". Have you tried
using the Xapian engine? What search activities do you need to do that
you can't at the moment? Do you have an existing corporate search
appliance that you could integrate with EPrints?

It is most helpful to us (EPrints) to know the problem you're trying to
solve, rather than focusing on a specific feature. For instance, you may
be trying to solve a query with a search, that may be better solved by
creating a custom report (Export).

--
All the best,
Tim