[EP-tech] Re: repository administration: frontend or backend?

Il 19/02/2013 10:25, Pavlovic,Karlo ha scritto:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to costumise our repository and I have a general question (with
> two examples):
>
> Should things be changed using the frontend (i.e., admin>config.tools), if
> possible, or should generally be used the backend (as generally described in
> the wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:Howto).
>
> E.g., if using the frontend to add an institutional hierarchy, there is the
> possibility to go to admin>config.tools>editsubjects.
> But after adding such a new tree (as an administrator), it does not appear
> when adding an eprint (as an author).

you've to associate it to a new field of type subject on
eprint_fields.pl in cfg.d of your repository. Use the division as an
example:

           {
             'name' => 'divisions',
             'type' => 'subject',
             'multiple' => 1,
             'top' => 'divisions', <- here put the root of this subject,
the id when you create it on edit subjects
             'browse_link' => 'divisions',
           },

Then you've to run

./bin/add_field <your repository> eprint <yourfield as above>

to add it to the mysql database.

Now