From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Tim Brody
Sent: Thursday, 14 February 2013 8:01 PM
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] RFC access log table

Hi All,

I'm thinking about the access log table and how it can be made sustainable.

What I'm suggesting is to write accesses to CSV-formatted log files, one file per month. What I don't know is whether anyone is relying on the database table for generating statistics?

The problem the access log table creates is in backing-up the EPrints database.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments.

--
All the best,
Tim