To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
From: Adam Field
Sent by: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Date: 27/01/2012 10:23
Subject: [EP-tech] MARC Import Plugin Bug

It has come to our attention that there may be a bug in the community contributed MARC import plugin ( http://files.eprints.org/323/ ).  This is not a core part of EPrints, so it will only affect those repositories which have explicitly installed it.

Under very specific circumstances, the plugin can cause the creation of thousands (or even hundreds of thousands) of empty records.  There are no security implication due to this bug, but it may affect system stability (disk space, backup times, etc).

We recommend disabling this plugin if you have it installed.  This can be done by adding the following line into the plugins.pl configuration file:

$c->{plugins}->{"Import::MARC"}->{params}->{disable} = 1;

We are currently trying to contact the author to see if they can release a patched version of the plugin.

--
Adam Field
EPrints Services