[EP-tech] Re: repository administration: frontend or backend?

Il 19/02/2013 10:25, Pavlovic,Karlo ha scritto:
Dear all,

I am trying to costumise our repository and I have a general question (with
two examples):

Should things be changed using the frontend (i.e., admin>config.tools), if
possible, or should generally be used the backend (as generally described in
the wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:Howto).

E.g., if using the frontend to add an institutional hierarchy, there is the
possibility to go to admin>config.tools>editsubjects.
But after adding such a new tree (as an administrator), it does not appear
when adding an eprint (as an author).

you've to associate it to a new field of type subject on eprint_fields.pl in cfg.d of your repository. Use the division as an example:

          {
            'name' => 'divisions',
            'type' => 'subject',
            'multiple' => 1,
'top' => 'divisions', <- here put the root of this subject, the id when you create it on edit subjects
            'browse_link' => 'divisions',
          },

Then you've to run

./bin/add_field <your repository> eprint <yourfield as above>

to add it to the mysql database.

Now

Also, adding metadata fields does not work: When going to
admin>config.tools>ManageMetadataFields, a click to e.g. "Eprints:View
Dataset Fields" results in this:
"EPrints System Error: Attempt to get value from not existent field:
metafield/objectid"

Thank you!
Best,
Karlo