From: Tim Brody [mailto:tdb2@ecs.soton.ac.uk]
Sent: 14 February 2013 10:01
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] RFC access log table

Hi All,

I'm thinking about the access log table and how it can be made sustainable.

What I'm suggesting is to write accesses to CSV-formatted log files, one file per month. What I don't know is whether anyone is relying on the database table for generating statistics?

The problem the access log table creates is in backing-up the EPrints database.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments.

--
All the best,
Tim