[EP-tech] Re: Edit, Update and delete repo from third party tool.

On 03/04/13 11:13, Abdul Bashet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wandering if there is any plugin/example to edit/update/delete
> existing repository from third party without using SWORD. Currently I am
> working on ePrints version 3.2.4 and SWORD 1.3. We do not want to go for
> upgrade to the latest version for this moment.
>
> One of my colleague advise me to use REST.PM. I am not sure if it is the
> right one. Also I am not familiar with Perl. I am developing a moodle
> plugin by using php. SWORD supposed to be the best option for this
> purpose. I was able to deposit by using SWORD 1.3 but could not
> edit/update/delete.

If you're on EPrints 3.2 then any editing of records is going to involve
deep Perl coding..... however a look at the
<EPrints_Home>/bin/generate_views script will show you how to access a
known record
--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.