[EP-tech] MySQL query to update a column value

Hi all

I've edited eprints.pl to change the property of an eprint field from an integer to text but running update_database_structure has not updated the eprint table. I've been advised to update manually using MySQL and have come up with the following:

Use <database name>
Update eprint
Set type = text
Where field = num_pieces

I think this is ok - I've specified the table (eprint) and the field that I want to update (num_pieces) and the column that I want updating is 'type'. The current row in the table is as follows:
Field                             | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra
num_pieces            | int(11)      | YES  | MUL | NULL    |       |

Can anyone take pity on me and reassure me that this is ok? I ask as a MySQL novice.

Many thanks for any advice!

Claire

Claire Eskriett, Systems Librarian
(Days of work are Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri)
Information Services
Cockcroft Building
University of Brighton
Lewes Road