[EP-tech] Re: How to customise Division listings

>From the image, if you click the link 'University Structure', are there any child-nodes listed?
If there are, unlink these first, and then go back to the top level screen (as shown on the right of your image) and click the unlink next to 'University Structure'.

I'm not sure what the node without a name is (with the five children).
If you know how to use Firebug (extension for Firefox), you may be able to look at the structure of the html and there might be be empty link in the table cell to the left of the '5' value. You can add some text to it in Firebug and click it to edit it.

If not, you could look at the page source and search for:
Just before this in the source code look for a link like:
You can paste this URL into a browser and add a title to the node so you can edit it.

Again, let em know if there are more questions!

________________________________
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Chew Bee Leng
Sent: 04 September 2012 02:53
To: 'eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk'; ".Salter"@leeds.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: How to customise Division listings

Hi John

Thanks, we were closed for few days for our National Day. I've completed till step 4 below, wasn't sure of step 5 onwards, hope you can help again.

For Step (5) to remove the old "University Structure" refers to clicking at the Unlink, then click unlink on all the existing old sub-nodes? Is this correct.
The Eprint box column value should always be a zero value? I attached herewith the latest configuration for your perusal.

Is there a need to restart server after completing all the steps?

Regards
Chew

>>> On Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM, in message <EMEW3|13d3dc89d34be1d9539b5214a4069763o7YEYn14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|7154BCBB8909D642AE6F44CA713DBC20056B9EB630FA at HERMES7.ds.leeds.ac.uk>, John Salter <J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
Hi Chew,
 You can view the configuration files in the admin interface - without going to the command line:
Admin -> Config Tools -> View Configuration (and then select the file). It's good to understand this a little bit.

To solve your divisions issue, I would do the following:
1. From the top-level of the subjects, enter 'divisions' as a Subject ID string, and click 'create'.
2. Enter a name for it ('new university structure' - so you can tell which one is which - you can edit the name later!)
3. From the new node ( URL should be ...dataobj=divisions), link each of your new nodes: Link existing subject -> choose 'LI' for 'Learning and Library'.
4. After linking all the divisions to the 'new university structure', you should be able to unlink them from the top-level.
5. Remove the old 'University Structure'
6. Rename the 'new university structure' to 'University Structure'.
7. :o)

Hopefully that will sort thinks out.