[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: eprints on bluehost.com
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: eprints on bluehost.com
- From: Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk (Ian Stuart)
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:46:41 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|81b6d7bf968fcb638dc8098510b5d61ao9SAig14eprintsfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CACZC3Ty=8OZRczRm95gG6uLFFaznTX6-g7=O_f33YFnAjnqSCQ@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|b7db3a7a9fa24068a5201ccbba1cfd49o9SA7H14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CACZC3Ty=8OZRczRm95gG6uLFFaznTX6-g7=O_f33YFnAjnqSCQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <EMEW3|81b6d7bf968fcb638dc8098510b5d61ao9SAig14eprintsfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Or have a read of http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Non-root_proxy
On 29/10/12 10:44, Robert Berry wrote:
> I imagine it would be difficult to do so (but maybe someone here will
> have a success story). EPrints is set up to do various things that
> require root privileges (creating the 'eprints' user, setting up the
> indexing daemon, etc.) You might be better off moving to a provider that
> allows you a full virtual server, such as Linode: http://www.linode.com/
> Best wishes,
> Elie Dannaoui <edannaoui at gmail.com> writes:
>> I am trying to install eprints on a shared host (bluehost.com) but with
>> no success. Is it possible to install eprints on a shared server or
>> it requires a dedicated ip? what you suggest for this as solution? and
>> how you can help?
>> thank you
Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
The University of Edinburgh.
This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.