[EP-tech] Views

Hi,
I'm trying to get my head round views (again), and came across this:
http://trac.eprints.org/eprints/changeset/6037
 - which makes it sound like I should be able to do something like this:

$c->{browse_views} = [
  {
    id => "collection",
    filters => [
      { meta_fields => [ "collection" ], value => "something" }
    ],
  },
];

But this doesn't seem to work. Has anyone got this working?

Each eprint belongs to a 'collection'. Each collection might need a different view - e.g. one collection could be a set of periodical/articles (with nice date/volume numbers), whereas another collection could be images of historical lab instruments - not necessarily having a nice clean date etc.

How have people configured their views for items that don't share much in common?