[EP-tech] Re: Is eprints multitenant?

Dear Alan,

this is exactly what I have asked for.

White Rose is de facto one IR and the three universities are technically
like e.g. three departments, which is OK for White Rose.
But this is *not* what I want.

My library serves three different institutions (in the legal /corporate
sense), where one institution wants an IR *now*, and the two other perhaps
some day.
If they also want one, it would be then possible to take the *same*
installation (same "bits of hardware"), but a very different backend (e.g.
administrators) and frontend (e.g. deposit-IDs or the mere design of the
search interface).

BTW: http://oralhistory.open.ac.uk seems to be unavailable.

Thanks to all!
Best,
Karlo

On 10/18/12 6:24 PM, "Alan.Stiles" <Alan.Stiles@open.ac.uk> wrote:

> It does indeed depend on what you are trying to achieve - I think there are 2
> separate concepts here.
> White Rose appears to be a single repository, accepting deposits from 3
> separate institutions, so presumably having a shared user table.
>
> As John Salter noted, you can have multiple archives running on one instance
> of the Eprints software, such as we do at The Open University.
>
> There is our main research repository (http://oro.open.ac.uk) and our
> oralhistory project repository (http://oralhistory.open.ac.uk)
> They are running on the same bits of hardware, with one install of the eprints
> software, but separate repository configurations and separate user tables (and
> admin accounts thereon) in separate databases.
>
> If this is more what you are trying to achieve, then the installation process
> shouldn't be vastly different from a single repository install, though it will
> require a separate round of configuration for the separate archive.
>

> Karlo - perhaps you could explain further what you are trying to achieve?
>
> --
> Alan Stiles
> Digital Repository Developer, Library Services
> The Open University Library.

No full text button in Pubmed?
Before ordering the article please browse the respective journal in the
Electronic Journals Library to see whether we have a license:
http://cores.imp.ac.at/max-perutz-library/journals/
Or start your search with the following Pubmed-Link, which allows you to
look up the license for a specific record with one click:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?otool=iatimplib

--
Max Perutz Library
Dr. Bohr-Gasse 7