[EP-tech] How to emulate former persistent uri schemes?

Hi,

to have persistent urls is just fine. Yet, as a logical consequence, that means that the validity/availability of a URI must be guaranteed even no matter which repository software happens to work behind the scenes.

Thus, how can I make EPrints emulate our former persistent document URLs according to the scheme $base/volltexte/$year/$id[/$ext/$file]? Hope that is possible in EPrints without hacking EPrints::Apache:Rewrite, is it? (The year part doesn't need to match properly, i.e. whether a document is cited by volltexte/1999/445 or volltexte/2071/441, it should be no problem so we avoid requesting the database. The ext part neither.)

Mod_rewrite rules or ScriptAlias directives (by which we could install a cgi script to handle anything after "/volltexte/...") do not seem to be respected while that module is in effect, right?

Regards,
F Heß

--
UB Heidelberg (Altstadt)