[EP-tech] Re: Connecting to generated MySQL databases & searching by divisions with EPrints API

Hi Rob,

On 25/05/12 11:57, Berry, Rob wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Two quick queries:
>
> # Connecting to MySQL databases
>
> I've been trying to connect to the one of the MySQL databases generated by EPrints, as created through the Debian repository.
>
> I'm using the details from /archives/<archive_name>/cfg/cfg.d/database.pl. However, MySQL returns the following:
>
> robert at robert-uol:~$ mysql -u test -p
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'test'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Perhaps try with the database name: mysql -u <username> -p <db_name> ?

> Is there something I'm missing? The reason I wanted to actually do this is to check what data is in the database itself, as I was having another problem, detailed below.
>
> # Searching by divisions with the EPrints API
>
> I'm writing a script at the moment to move all prints from within one division into another. I have a function that is supposed to look up all prints in a given division (which I am passing as a string): https://gist.github.com/2787296
>
> However, iterating through all the divisions in the subjects file, this function always returns a result set of zero prints. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is this something to do with the test data imported into EPrints 3? (This is why I wanted to have a look at the data on a database level.)

sub prints_for_division {
my ($session, $division) = shift; *Should be*sub prints_for_division {

my ($session, $division) = @_;

Otherwise only $session will get $_[0] and $division will remain
"undef". "shift" only returns the first element of an array. Seb.