[EP-tech] Re: Issues installing IRStats

Hi Rob,

Yes this is not surprising, as far as I know IRStats was built against
EPrints 2/3.0. There has been significant changes in the API since.

See my comments below:

On 22/05/12 11:11, Berry, Rob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've had a number of issues installing IRStats on a recent version
> (3.3.9) of EPrints running on Perl v5.12.4 on my Ubuntu system. Was wondering
> if I could get some help with the RegistryCooker problem - do I just need to
> install a new version of ModPerl?
>
> I've listed everything that failed during installation:
>
> 1 Logfile::EPrints
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> - Failed tests on installation via CPAN.
> - Had to force install with following command:
>
>    $ perl -MCPAN -e "CPAN::Shell->force(qw(install Logfile::EPrints));"
Yes I've had similar issues lately, a force install makes everything ok.

> 2 ./cgi/irstats.cgi
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> - Has outdated default paths for libraries (EPrints automatically installed to
>    /usr/share/eprints3/ for me anyway). Was able to correct this through editing
>    the lines mentioned in the readme, though.
> - Fires a deprecated warning for any command:
>
>    UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at
>    /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/Params.pm line 4.
Hmm I've never seen that warning, perhaps you have a more version of
PERL than I do.

> - `update_table` throws another error:
>
>    Nothing in access to process
>      at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/Update/Parser/Access.pm line 44.
>       IRStats::Update::Parser::Access::update('IRStats::Update::Parser::Access=HASH(0xd324d1c)')
>         called at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/CLI/update_table.pm line 75
>       IRStats::CLI::update_table::execute('IRStats::CLI::update_table=HASH(0x9810050)')
>      called
>        at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/CLI.pm line 62
>       IRStats::CLI::handler() called at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats.pm line 73
>       IRStats::handler() called at ./cgi/irstats.cgi line 22

Do you have any records in your access table? (easy way to check:
http://<your repo hostname>/cgi/counter, look for 'access')

> 3 Irstats page
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> - Returns a blank page on trying to view
> - Is returning a normal status code but empty response:
>
>    GET /cgi/irstats.cgi HTTP 1.1
>    host: robert-uol
>
>    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>    Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 09:54:33 GMT
>    Server: Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu)
Probably caused by the error described in (4) below:

> 4 Apache Error Log
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> - Error about missing 'RegistryCooker':
>
>    [Tue May 22 09:59:07 2012] #[error]
>      #slurp_filename('/usr/share/eprints3/cgi/irstats.cgi') / opening: (2)
>      No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 541
>
> - This seems to be part of ModPerl, but my version of ModPerl was
>    automatically installed by the EPrints Debian package. I cannot find a
>    RegistryCooker module on CPAN - does this mean I need to install an updated
>    version of ModPerl?

Have you tried "cpan ModPerl::RegistryCooker" as root?

Seb.