[EP-tech] Manage Metadata Fields UI

I am running EPrints 3.3.7 and am trying to create a new subject-type metadata field in the eprints dataset for a custom subject heirarchy I've created in the Edit Subjects UI. I have no trouble creating the field and it is automatically added to the eprints workflow as expected but it is a blank multi-select field and doesn't pull in the terms from the designated subject heirarchy. When I set up a test metadata field for the existing subject heirarchy that is included with eprints out of the box, the field populates with all the existing terms as one would expect but I'm just not able to pull terms from a custom subject set.

What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any pointers, and of course if this explanation needs clarification or additional info I'm happy to supply.

Thanks!

Beth Levine, Systems Librarian
Arnold Library
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center