[EP-tech] Re: Importing eprints: screens full of warnings / a suggestion

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:29:16 +0200, Florian Heß
<hess@ub.uni-heidelberg.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently running a migration of ~13700 docs. There is a warning
> Use of uninitialized value $subjectid in hash element at
> /usr/local/eprints/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/Subject.pm line 101.
> but no, not one, thousands, apparently one or more for each record.
>
> Several times there is
> Use of uninitialized value $type in string eq at (eval 101) line 7.
> Use of uninitialized value $type in string eq at (eval 101) line 7.
> Use of uninitialized value $type in string eq at (eval 101) line 18.
> Use of uninitialized value $type in string eq at (eval 101) line 24.
>
> Just as a matter of principle I'd like to suggest that the import
> process emit the eprintid (or dataobjectid, resp.) for each record, in
> front of any error messages or warnings like those above. That is, in
> the console, web imports notwithstanding.
> This way you can see clearly e.g. whether errors or warnings apply to
> every record. Because, if not, there might be a chance that there is
> something wrong with the input data.

Hi,

On the console you can do "--verbose" which should emit the imported eprint
id (obviously after any warnings, because the id doesn't exist before the
warnings ...).

--
All the best,
Tim.