[EP-tech] Re: Running EPrints on Windows server

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 12:31 +0000, Wolton, Alexis P wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We currently run EPrints on a Debian box, however, an IT team are
>  considering running a separate instance on a Windows based server.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of running EPrints on Windows that they
>  can share?  Will it run as well as on Linux? And if not, what are some
>  of the problems we can expect?  Is it better to stick to Linux if
>  possible?

The main problem with Windows is the lack of a package manager to
install dependencies i.e. it's just more difficult to set up & maintain.

I've not heard of anyone running EPrints on Windows in production. What
I really need is someone who is a dedicated Windows user to support the
Win32 side of things.

--
All the best,
Tim