[EP-tech] Re: Random question: Eprint core fields

On 04/07/12 11:49, John Salter wrote:

Also (if I put my pedant hat on, so feel free to ignore!), there's inconsistent use of quotes in that file:
{ name=>"contact_email", type=>"email", required=>0, can_clone=>0 },
VS.
{ 'name' => 'sword_depositor', 'type' => 'itemref', datasetid=>"user" },

Perl knows that hash keys must be scalars, therefore assumes quotes.
Perl hash keys can be numeric scalars or string scalars, perl doesn't care.

I also notice variation in the use of quotes within the same declaration, and with the use of single- verses double-quotes on values :)

Just goes to show how rich and helpful Perl is.... by not falling over on the inconsequentials ;-)
--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.