[EP-tech] Problem with secured documents and differing HTTP/HTTPS domain names?

I think we have a problem with secured documents when EPrints is configured to use different domain names for HTTP and HTTPS.

The background is that we have a server called http://researchdata.uwe.ac.uk over HTTP and https://eprints.uwe.ac.uk/datasecure over HTTPS. We’ve uploaded a document to a user buffer. When you click on the link to download the document from, say,

https://eprints.uwe.ac.uk/datasecure/cgi/users/home?screen=EPrint::View&eprintid=10#t

the browser goes into an infinite loop as shown by Live HTTP headers:

http://researchdata.uwe.ac.uk/10/1/Lorem%20ipsum.doc

GET /10/1/Lorem%20ipsum.doc HTTP/1.1

Host: researchdata.uwe.ac.uk

HTTP/1.1 302 Need to login first