[EP-tech] which files need to be writable by webserver

All,

I'd like to avoid having my entire eprints directory writable by the webserver, so I have made the files owned by user 'eprints' and group 'www-data'.
I can see that I'll need to edit the 'group' value in perl_lib/EPrints/SystemSettings.pm to match, so that new files will be created with the correct permissions.

Are there any circumstances (other than an eprints upgrade) in which my change to SystemSettings.pm could be overwritten?

Which subdirectories will require group-write permissions - i.e., their contents may be changed by webserver processes?

>From my own (limited) testing, I've noticed these directories' contents being changed by web processes:
archives/<name>/documents/
archives/<name>/html/en/archive/
archives/<name>/html/en/images/
archives/<name>/html/en/javascript/
archives/<name>/html/en/style/
archives/<name>/html/en/view/
archives/<name>/var/

Are there others I need to be aware of?

Regards,
Carl

Carl Franks
Technology and Innovation in Learning Team
Medical Education Institute
University of Dundee
School of Medicine
ext 35508