[EP-tech] Re: Importing files from another system

That's fine with me :o)

I've been trying to get my head round the new codebase (I'm used to v<3.2. Now looking at 3.3), and trying to work out if the filename could get set automatically.

Running the import tool without a filename is broken.
It looks like all other bits of data work OK.

I think this could be fixed by adding a test to Eprint::DataObj::File::create_from_data that checks that
$data->{filename} exists before using it. If it doesn't exist, extract it from $filepath (I'm guessing there may already be a function somewhere in EPrints that would do this)?

$ more VERSION
eprints-3.3.7
EPrints 3.3.7 (Bilberry) [Born on 2011-12-09]

$ bin/import digitallibrary  --verbose --enable-file-imports --enable-web-imports --user 1 archive XML /tmp/files/test.xml

Starting EPrints Repository.
Connecting to DB ... done.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /opt/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/Document.pm line 308.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /opt/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/Document.pm line 308.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in pattern match (m//) at (eval 440) line 145.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in pattern match (m//) at (eval 440) line 15.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in pattern match (m//) at (eval 440) line 19.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in pattern match (m//) at (eval 440) line 23.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in pattern match (m//) at (eval 440) line 27.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in substitution (s///) at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Storage/Local.pm line 249.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in substitution (s///) at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Storage/Local.pm line 250.
Use of uninitialized value $filename in substitution (s///) at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Storage/Local.pm line 251.
Use of uninitialized value $fn in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Storage/Local.pm line 49.
Use of uninitialized value $fn in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Storage/Local.pm line 55.
Use of uninitialized value $fn in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Storage/Local.pm line 57.
Unable to write to /opt/eprints3/archives/digitallibrary/documents/disk0/00/00/00/42/01/: Is a directory
EPrints::Storage: No plugins available to store file/361
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/File.pm line 764.
file/361::set_file() failed: No storage plugins succeeded
Failed to create subdataobj on document.files at /opt/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataSet.pm line 1008
Failed to create subdataobj on archive.documents at /opt/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/DataSet.pm line 1008
Ending EPrints Repository.