[EP-tech] Importing records by XML still defective with --update?

Hi,

I recently updated to EPrints version 3.3.10 hoping that the issue with
the disrespected --update parameter will be solved, so all supplied
metadata is processed, first and foremost eprintid. Hurray, that one
works indeed, and also documents and subjects, but not the rest. Did I
miss something?

My command is: bin/import heidok --enable-file-imports
--enable-web-imports --user opus --update --enable-import-fields
--verbose eprint XML /tmp/opus_10544.xml

Attached to this post:
  * opus_10544.xml: Export XML generated by a custom script in the
domain of our present repository software to be migrated
  * heidok-eprint-10544-0.xml: This data represent the record before any
import had been tried (a totally different record as eprintid was not
respected in 3.3.8)
  * heidok-oprint-10544-1.xml: bin/import above; only documents added
and subjects changed!
  * heidok-eprint-10544-2.xml: Erased record prior to reimport. Results
are as they should be

It is not so big a problem for me to have records erased before another
bin/import run (anyway, there won't be any content-exchanging reimports
in the productive system). I just suppose that is not intended, why else
there would be --update at all, hence I thought that might be a bug and
posted this :-)

Kind regards,
Florian

--