[EP-tech] Re: Issues installing IRStats

Hi Rob,

Yes this is not surprising, as far as I know IRStats was built against EPrints 2/3.0. There has been significant changes in the API since.

See my comments below:

On 22/05/12 11:11, Berry, Rob wrote:
Hello,

I've had a number of issues installing IRStats on a recent version
(3.3.9) of EPrints running on Perl v5.12.4 on my Ubuntu system. Was wondering
if I could get some help with the RegistryCooker problem - do I just need to
install a new version of ModPerl?

I've listed everything that failed during installation:

1 Logfile::EPrints
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Failed tests on installation via CPAN.
- Had to force install with following command:

   $ perl -MCPAN -e "CPAN::Shell->force(qw(install Logfile::EPrints));"
Yes I've had similar issues lately, a force install makes everything ok.

2 ./cgi/irstats.cgi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Has outdated default paths for libraries (EPrints automatically installed to
   /usr/share/eprints3/ for me anyway). Was able to correct this through editing
   the lines mentioned in the readme, though.
- Fires a deprecated warning for any command:

   UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at
   /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/Params.pm line 4.
Hmm I've never seen that warning, perhaps you have a more version of PERL than I do.

- `update_table` throws another error:

   Nothing in access to process
     at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/Update/Parser/Access.pm line 44.
      IRStats::Update::Parser::Access::update('IRStats::Update::Parser::Access=HASH(0xd324d1c)')
        called at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/CLI/update_table.pm line 75
      IRStats::CLI::update_table::execute('IRStats::CLI::update_table=HASH(0x9810050)')
     called
       at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats/CLI.pm line 62
      IRStats::CLI::handler() called at /usr/share/eprints3/perl_lib/IRStats.pm line 73
      IRStats::handler() called at ./cgi/irstats.cgi line 22

Do you have any records in your access table? (easy way to check: http://<your repo hostname>/cgi/counter, look for 'access')

3 Irstats page

- Returns a blank page on trying to view
- Is returning a normal status code but empty response:

   GET /cgi/irstats.cgi HTTP 1.1
   host: robert-uol

   HTTP/1.1 200 OK