[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EP-tech] Re: We are at our wits end,




On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 05:14:41 +1000, "Phil"  wrote:   

Yes I have re
indexed multiple times, my confusion comes from the fact that the index
tables are correct, we are at 3.3.X  

The "print STDERR ..." line will
output to your Apache error logs. 

Does the debugger in sql output to a
logfile? 

FROM: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk
[mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] ON BEHALF OF sf2
SENT: 25
July 2012 22:41
TO: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
SUBJECT: [EP-tech] Re: We
are at our wits end, 

Hi Phil, 

For info, which EPrints version are you
using? 

Worth a try: 

- have you tried to reindex the eprint dataset?
(bin/epadmin reindex eprint) 

- have you tried debugging the search to see
which SQL statement gets executed (**) ? 

Seb 

(**) to enable SQL
debugging, edit perl_lib/EPrints/Search/Condition.pm, look at the end of
"sub sql" for: 

#print STDERR "nsql=$sqlnn"; 

Un-comment the line above,
restart apache and re-run the problematic search - feel free to copy/paste
the SQL query here so we can have a look. 

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:12:26
+1000, "Phil"  wrote: 

If anyone can help we would very much appreciate
it, we have posted this issue numerous times and had someone control our
eprints server but the problem will not go away.  

I will explain it step
by step 

If I look at the database directly and query the index I get the
following result 

You can see the word "Green" and "Bans" are in the index


So we should be able to find this book in the advanced or simple search
using the term "green bans" 

Unfortunately when we do we get only one
result below 

Whilst this is correct, it is incomplete, the search should
have also returned record 3594 

If you look back at the SQL above you will
see the other words in the title 

If I put a few of them in the search as
per below, I get the correct result: 

I have erased the index record and
reindexed the item to no avail. 

This is not the only record that does not
return from a search and it makes our catalogue unusable. 

I have
installed xapian but that also gives me problems as per a post of mine two
days ago. 

We have put a lot of effort into this migrating from the old
system, if we cannot fix this we will have to go through the whole process
again with something else. 

 

Links:
------
[1]
mailto:philpearson at iinet.net.au
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/attachments/20120725/73102526/attachment.html