[EP-tech] Re: Google analytics

Il 18/04/2012 03:56, Mark Gregson ha scritto:
We also used JS to assign on click event handlers that call GA but we also extended it to outbound links, which required some changes to the markup, both in the summary page citation and possibly somewhere in core code.

Note that this still doesn't track direct non-HTML downloads, e.g., a link straight to PDF from another website such as Google, because the JS is never loaded or executed. This can be solved but we didn't like the possible solutions very much and didn't implement any of them. I think the best solution comes from http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/mobile/overview.html which could probably be called using EPrints triggers.

irstats counts download also direct, so you can just plug a notification to GA from there.