[EP-tech] Re: epindexer unable to start

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Gregson" <mark.gregson at qut.edu.au>
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2012 4:58:47 AM
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: epindexer unable to start

epindexer.pid is required for starting and stopping the indexer service (epindexer). The only way to get rid of it is to avoid running the indexer or run the indexer in the shell rather than as a daemon (check $ eprints3/bin/indexer --man) but if you're having problems with epindexer.pid I wonder if there is an underlying problem with the indexer or an indexer job.

What do you mean by 'kills' the service?

Cheers
Mark

kindly check the following and let me know your relevant solution to troubleshoot this.

[root at eprints var]# /etc/init.d/epindexer start
Starting EPrints Indexer:
EPrints indexer appears to be running with process ID 12691.
It may have crashed.

To check if the process is still running (on a linux system)
use:

ps auwx | grep indexer

Options to "ps" vary on other systems. You may also try:

ps -ef | grep indexer

If indexer is not already running you may either:
 * delete the PID file: /var/lib/eprints3/var/indexer.pid
 * run indexer with the --force option

                                 [FAILED]
[root at eprints var]#

with thanks