[EP-tech] XAPIAN Search

There have raised some questions about the XAPIAN search in EP 3.3.x:

1) Is the XAPIAN search a substitute of the bin/indexer program?

2) Does the XAPIAN search works in the simple and also in the advanced search?

3) We did a complete reindex (the index has been build in ../archive_id/var/xapian) and tried some queries in the simple search (it's EP 3.3.8) afterwards like "creators_name:Smith" or "creators:Smith". They don't work, whereas "Smith" brings the appropriate results. But at http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/ a search term like "creators_name:Smith" seems to work. Is there anything what we have missed on our side?

Cheers,
Volker

--
Volker Schallehn