[EP-tech] Re: using a creator's inital in a citation

Am 14.03.2012 17:06, schrieb John Salter:
In another file (my_lovely_creator_rendered.pl?):
$c->{my_lovely_creator_renderer} = sub {
my( $session , $field , $value ) = @_;
my $frag = $session->make_doc_fragment;
#do some perl magic to return the value how you want it
return $frag;
};

At least for the fromform Parameter I managed to define a subroutine at the top of the very same file eprint_fields.pl with

my $compound_checkbox_cleaner = sub { ... };

$c->{fields}->{eprint} = [
    { name => 'some_custom_field',
      fromform => $compound_checkbox_cleaner,
      # or just fromform => sub {...}, if you need not to
      # reuse it for other fields
    }
];

Thus it cannot happen that you accidentally overwrite an $c->{whatever} entry, as your subroutine is just a private variable within eprint_fields.pl. There is a chance that works for render_value, too. Didn't test it, so try yourself if you want.

Regards,
F Heß