[EP-tech] Re: Upgrade from 3.2.8 to 3.3.8 the APT way

you probably have http://deb.eprints.org/3.2 stable/ in you apt sources file.

you can either remove the 3.2 bit or make it 3.3.

More info is available via the eprints.org software page.

Basically this is done such that people can decide when to upgrade and not us, removing the 3.2 from the line above means you upgrade to whatever the latest stable version is, but that will automatically take you from 3.2 to 3.3 to 3.4 and eventually 4.0, whereas keeping a version there like 3.2 means you keep getting the bug fixes for that release.

Cheers

Dave T