[EP-tech] Re: How to make the Abstract field mandatory?

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Alex Birchall wrote:

Hi All,

We are using EPrints 3.2.8 (Apple Crumble) [Born on 2011-06-20].

Would it be a simple matter to make the Abstract field mandatory? If so, how would I do it?

Best regards,

Alex

You need to edit the file 'default.xml' file, which resides in the following dir:

/eprints_installation_dir//archives/iisceprints/cfg/workflows/eprint

You'll find the following line in the 'default.xml' file:

Change it to:

Finally, reload the config files.

HTH.

 - Francis