I’ve had a busy couple of weeks, with a UKCoRR Members’ Day, the German Language User Group Meeting, an EPrints Hack Day and the EPrints UK User Group meeting all occurring in rapid succession. UKCoRR Members’ Day Hosted at the University of Glasgow, this event was a chance to hear talk on the policy issues that keep repository managers up at night. The quality of the presentations was very high, and I particularly enjoyed hearing Ben Johnson from HEFCE talk about Open Access. I caught up with a few of the repository community’s usual suspects, I presented about the direction EPrints is heading, both fromRead More →

Adam’s EPrints UK User Group Meeting Report The Winter 2015 EPrints UK User Group Meeting was hosted by ULCC and was my first EPrints User Group Meeting with my EPrints Community Lead hat on.  The programme, organised by David McElroy, was published on the EPrints UK User Group Google group. This was my first public outing wearing my new hats: EPrints Services Business Relationship Manager EPrints Community Lead What struck me most about the event was the evident health of the EPrints community.  The free tickets to the event were snapped up in a matter of days; on the day, the room was happily bustling with delegatesRead More →